InterActiveNovels: After you, my dear Alphonse




Most people think that Mrs. Wilson is racist, they are wrong, I said to her that I was Italian, she said that she hasn’t been to Rome, she considered me as a respectable person and not a mafioso.  It was clear to me that she isn't racist.

I was very close to the chimney, she said to me to be careful, and then she gave me a heavy blanket and a cup of hot coffee. We started to speak about Artemisia Gentileschi, she was her heroine. She seemed to me a simple person, with a limited vocabulary and also naive and curious of the external world.

Our conversation was interrupted by the alarm clock of her oven, she put on her red gloves to take the gingerbread and asked me to open the door. Outside the door I saw Jonathan, her son and his friend Boyd, they thanked me saying 'After you, my dear Alphonse'.

I sat on the left of Mrs. Wilson, on the table there were two tanks and some soldiers, other than the gingerbread.

The boys were nervous. Mrs. Wilson told them that only having eaten they were allowed to play with the soldiers.

.I lived with this family for two weeks. The racist are Jonathan and Boyd. Being male they feel superior considering their own mothers as screwy.


Comments

Popular Posts