InterActiveNovels: Charles (Shirley Jackson)

 


I will never forget my time at the kindergarten in my little town. At the age of fifty I jumped to the past to see how I was as a little child.

I was between Charles and Laurie.

They were speaking English with an American accent, and the teacher introduced me to the class. I told them that I was proud to be a part of this class. Between me and Charles I noticed a special relationship.

He told me to be a friend of Laurie Hyman. At this point I realised that he was the literary character of Charles, a short story, written by Shirley Jackson many years ago.

I started to think deeply I was extremely engaged, my friends were preoccupied they told me if I was alright, I thanked them the perfect, the teacher was.


She was angry with me and told me what she was talking about. I was so focused that I forgot I was living in the metaverse. I told her that I was interested in studying the ambiguity of evil.

She looked at me strangely, it is impossible that a child can have similar thoughts, then she asked me to be more precise, I told her that my parents were philosophers, she thought that I didn't understand what I said. 

Laurie told me to play with him, I accepted.

Obviously, I decided to behave like a child, II didn't ask him his opinion about the ubiquity of evil.

Laurie was the perfect example that evil has heavily influenced his avatar Charles, the good was almost insignificant in both boys.

Laurie had a happy childhood, his parents were not divorced, unlike him they were the perfect example of good, a well-to-do, united and cultured family, I wondered where the sprout of evil came from.

Through his behaviour, I imagined that he was a fertile field for evil, wickedness does not come from discomfort, but from one's DNA. Who wrote it?

Comments

Popular Posts